Heidi Ho! You are 7 months old! Time flies. You definitly have a more laid back personality compared to your big sister but your night sleeping needs some major work. I joke and say you are nocturnal but yeah....pretty much. I wish you would let me get 3 solid hours of sleep in a row without waking up for a paci or to nurse or just waking up to be comforted. You nurse at least twice during the night. I try to put paci in your mouth in place of nursing but you now will bat it away and get really upset with me. NO MOM THATS NOT WHAT I WANT!
I think your stomach has issues still. Ever since you got sick off the antibiotic and then caught the stomach flu you have had bowel issues. You used to poop around twice a day but now you will go days and it is obviously bothering you especially at night. Some nights you will wake up just screaming in pain until you poo....its bad. I feel like these bowel issues are preventing you sleeping for a long period of time. Your tummy is messed up so you think you want to nurse. I dunno. Call it mothers intuition but thats what I feel is going on. The doctor seemed to think you will eventually regulate but heck its been since mid december. I look forward to the day but until then I am here for you during the night whenever you cry out for me:)
7 Month Stats
Some things you do:
- You sit up very easily. There are time you lunge for objects and face plant it but you are usually pretty good about stabilizing in the sitting position
- You enjoy standing most. You can hold on to tub or rails or coffee table to stand all by yourself. I monitor this very closely just in case you distract yourself and loose balance (which does happen)
- You eat about 1tblspoon of baby food a day. You dont really like eating solids. You would much rather nurse. You have started grabbing the end of the spoon (real close to the food end) and put it in your mouth yourself. You will eat much more food this way even though it is a very big mess.
- You lay on your tummy often and push yourself waaaay up with your arms straight and now putting your knees/legs underneath you and balance on all 4s. When you really want something you will drag your head on floor and push with all your might with your feet and grip floor with hands and move forward. So you are pretty much crawling but not full force. It will be soon. Was the end of next month that gracie began to walk unassisted. you might beat her
- Hair is more strawberry blonde than white blonde. You seem to have hair more like your daddy did when he was little. So this means you may be my dark haired child.
- Eyes look like they are greenish blue. Think they will turn out to be hazel but we have a few more months for that to stay or change.
- Professional grabber. I have to be very careful with you because you will grab anything in sight. Like my hair or people next to me's hair and you dont let go very willingly.....gracie has caught the bad end of this habbit of yours.
- You have started sticking your tongue out a lot. Kinda razzz with it as you do.
- Overall you are a very happy good natured baby. You always have a smile for people.
- you have a nervous habit or just a twitch that you scratch whatever is near. usually your belly or pillow or someones arm.
this is one of my favorite pics of you with your grandma. we are sure lucky to live so close by.
Shall we compare???
I think daddy wins this one....his genes are a little more prominent in Heidi. Whatever she's got...its cute!